The Professional Membership allows individuals to become a part of a body for professionals to exchange ideas, contacts and set standards of good practice within the sectors.
The Membership can be gained via practical experience in relevant sectors or alternatively by holding one of the OTHM qualifications. The level of membership will reflect members’ experience and status in the sector. The Membership level and criteria are as follows:
- Less than 2 years experience in an entry level or supervisory management position; or
- An OTHM Level 5 Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- After 1 year of membership, Associate Members can apply for Member level status providing evidence of an ongoing commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- More than 3 years experience in a management or senior management position; or
- An OTHM Level 6 Diploma or equivalent qualification or a relevant Honours degree from a recognised university.
- Fellow is the highest grade attainable and is by invitation only. Only those most senior and experienced members who have made a significant contribution to the organisation or have increased the breadth of research and knowledge in relevant sector, are eligible for this level.
*Confers designatory letters upon an individual.